Step II Transitional Housing
What is the Purpose of Access Step II?
The Step II program provides transitional housing for single homeless women with the purpose of
meeting the following goals:
- Establishing residential housing stability.
- Increasing income and work skill levels.
- Creating greater self-determination.
Who is Eligible for Transitional Housing at Step II
- Are homeless.
- Are 18 years of age or older.
- Have no children or do not have custody of their children.
- want to make improvements in their lives through educational, job, or other programs
to prevent further homelessness.
What Service Does Step II Provide?
- Transitional housing for homeless single women for up to 24 months.
- On-site and community-based supportive services, including case management
individual, vocational, group and substance abuse counseling, job placement, permanent
housing placement and life training.
- Continued supportive services following completion of the program for an additional six months.
How Does a Women Enter Step II?
The ACCESS Emergency Shelter serves as the referral source for Step II.
Homeless women who are interested in Step II must first enter the
Emergency Shelter. The program also occasionally accepts participants
from other programs.
Where is Step II Located?
The Step II facility is located at 258 West Market Street, Akron, OH 44303.